Rock Hounding in Northeast Washington
Our next Rock Show is coming up in 2020 on March 7th and 8th. More events to be posted when they are scheduled.
This is a list of club equipment that is at Gene Fisher’s shop and might be for sale at the August 2019 BBQ picnic.
- Combination: Lortone 6″ trim saw with two grinding wheels and polishing pad.
- Large(heavy) grinding/polishing unit with four, 8″ diamond wheels: 80 grit, 180, 360, and 600.
- 10″ Raytech saw in fair shape.
- 18″ Loritone saw with good blade but needs a new motor or wiring. The present motor is 1/2 HP.
- New-in-box Lortone Elite water pump that spits water up on the grinding wheels.
- Rock Rascal for melting wax for dopping.
- Set of Dop Sticks.
- Box of Templates for designing cabochons.
- First Aid Kit.
Kinross Gold Milling Facility
363 Fish Hatchery Road, Republic WA
Tour starts at 9:30 AM
Meet at Kettle Falls Harvest Foods parking lot in time to START by 7:45 AM
White Stone Calcium plant
At big smokestack south of Chewelah
Start 9:00 AM
Wear hard shoes, bring hard hat if you have one. If you have extra hard hats, please bring them for others.
Meet are the plant
Kinross Buckhorn Mine Tour
Mine entrance east of Curlew
(I will get directions at the June 8th tour)
Tour starts at 9:30 AM at mine administration building
Meet at Kettle Falls Harvest Foods parking lot to leave by 7:00 AM
Any questions, give me, Bob Bristow, a call on 945-4375.
As noted in the November Newsletter, local geologist, Bill Swartz, has hosted his last geology tour. Luckily, you can still take this tour yourself by downloading the road log for Spreading Across , the 2014 tour from Colville to Republic. We will miss Bill and his tours. You can read about the geology of Northeast Washington in the introductions to Geologic Atlases of Ferry, Stevens and Pend Oreille Counties.